Chris Aiken- Senior Pastor
Chris Aiken has served as the Senior Pastor of Calvary since 2007. Chris and his wife Jodi (also pictured here) are the proud parents of two sons, Dillon and Hayden. Prior to coming to Calvary, Chris and his family served as church planters/missionaries in Malta, New York and started Cornerstone Community Church. Originally from South Carolina, Chris has served churches in South Carolina, New York and Florida. He has also served as a member of the State Executive Committee for the Baptist Convention of New York, and presently serves on the Executive Committee for the Pensacola Bay Baptist Association.
Chris has led and participated in international missions work in Egypt, India, and South Africa.
Chris moderates an online "blog" at www.chrisaikenonline.com where he publishes Scripture reflections, book reviews, theological writings, and other random musings about life, culture, and current events.
Little Known Facts:
Favorite College Football Team: Clemson Tigers (is there another?)
On My Playlist: Chris Tomlin, Big Daddy Weave, Skynard, Poison, Kutless, 12 Stones, Tons of Podcasts
Top Television shows: NCIS (all three), Criminal Minds, Madam Secretary
Favorite Movies: Braveheart, the Patriot, We were Soldiers, Remember the Titans, All things "Bourne"
Crazy Childhood facts: "I Met my wife...at a roller skating rink."
Fun Activities: Camping, Fishing, Recreational Shooting
- B.A., Christian Studies, North Greenville University (Tigerville, SC)
- M. Div., Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary (Northeast Campus, Schenectady, NY)
- Current: Candidate, Ed.D., Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (Leadership/Church Revitalization)
- Pastor Chris serves on several Boards in Pensacola
- Member, American Legion Post 340
- West Point Society of Northwest Florida
- Former Adjunct Professor, Baptist College of Florida (New Testament, Old Testament, Biblical Studies, and Missions/Evangelism)